Welcome to the new academic year. I hope you all had a tremendous summer. It is absolutely fantastic to have the boys back as the school is now alive again.
I have restructured the timetable to enable all classes to begin with a reading and phonics session each day starting promptly at 8.40am, apart from a Tuesday when we begin the day with Assembly. The reading and phonics session on this day is after Assembly. To enable enough time for the boys to prepare for school we are now opening the main front entrance at 8.25am. The teachers will be available from 8.25am, but at 8.40am they will call the class to order and begin the day as they cannot delay the reading and phonics session. The school day is also extended by five minutes and ends at 3.35pm.
Please study the card Autumn Term Calendar carefully and highlight appropriate dates. Additional copies of the Calendar are always available from the notice board and it is also accessible via the school website.
Some key dates are as follows:-
The Information Evening on Monday 8th September is for the KGs only. It will be from 5:30pm in the Theatre. I have re-arranged the other dates to take account of siblings in other year groups and to avoid clashes that some of you may have.
• 10th September, 5.30pm – Year 3 Information Evening in the Year 3 classrooms
• 11th September, 5.30pm – Year 2 Information Evening in the Sports Hall
• 12th September, 3.30pm – Year 1 Information Evening in the Sports Hall – we will also be able to look after the boys as this event is directly after school
• 9th September, 6.30pm for 7pm – New Theatre Opening Party
• 18th September, 5.30pm – KG Parents Reading Workshop in the Theatre
• 19th September Jeans for Genes Day. On this day the boys can wear their own clothes and bring in a donation
• 25th September, 5.30pm – Maths Workshop in the Theatre
• 6th October – Art Week (more details to follow)
• 14th & 15th October – Parents’ Evenings to discuss how your son is settling in
• 16th October, 9.45am – Harvest Festival at Holy Trinity Church
• Monday 20th – Friday 24th – Half Term holidays
• 31st October – Halloween Party (more details to follow)
• 21st November – Long leave weekend – no school on this day
• 27th November – Christmas Fair
• 8th December – Open House – an opportunity for your son to show you the work he has completed this term
• 9th December, 2.30pm – Pre-Prep Carol Service at Holy Trinity Church
• 11th December – School ends at 12.00pm
Your son’s teacher will also send an information letter home which details the dates of class assemblies. We are excited about the term ahead and working with the boys to ensure they achieve the best in everything they do.