The end of term seems to be approaching very quickly and I just wanted to keep you up to date with the various events which we have planned.
Junior Music Assembly
Just a reminder that this will be taking place tomorrow at 8.50 in the Theatre. If your daughter is performing please do come along and support her!
Sports Day takes place on Tuesday 3rd July at the Millenium Arena in Battersea Park. All girls should be taken directly to Battersea Park on that day to arrive at 9.45am. The races will start promptly at 10.00am, refreshments will be served during the course of the morning and the girls may be collected straight after Prize Giving at approximately 12.00pm. Please note that girls need to be in their white PE kit and trainers, wearing their school blazers over the top. There is no afternoon school on this day and all girls should be taken directly from the stadium. We are all really looking forward to a fun morning of races and crossing our fingers for fine weather!
General Knowledge Quiz
The House General Knowledge Quiz will be taking place at 9.00am on Friday 6th July and parents are most welcome to attend.
Our whole school outing this term is to Hever Castle on Tuesday 10th July. We shall be travelling by coach leaving promptly at 9.00am and returning in time for a 4.00pm collection. Girls should wear school uniform for the trip and ensure they have a packed lunch and sunhat/raincoat as appropriate. There is a water maze at the castle and so it may be wise to pack a spare summer dress and a hand towel! The cost of this trip is £17.80 which will be added to your daughter’s bill. Please complete the permission slip attached and return it to your daughter’s form teacher.
The final House competition of the term will be on Wednesday 11th July at 2.00pm. Girls from Forms Three, Four and Five will compete and the younger girls will support their house and have a fun afternoon on the common – with ice creams!
End of Term
Term ends on Thursday 12th July following Prize Giving and all girls should be collected at 12.00pm. All books and kit should be taken home on Wednesday and it would be helpful if you could provide a large named bag on this day for your daughter’s belongings.
Summer Holiday Homework
Although no formal homework is set over the Summer Holidays (apart from for girls moving into Form 6), please do encourage your daughter to continue with her reading and writing where possible.
- A Summer Reading list will be included with your daughter’s school report for you to use as a starting point.
- Writing postcards to friends and relatives, creating a holiday diary or writing a collection of short stories would all be useful projects to consider.
- Continuing to practice tables and number bonds is always beneficial.
Dates for the Diary
Next term starts on Thursday 6th September.
- There will be a Parents’ Information Evening for Form 5/6 on Friday 7th September at 4.00pm and for all other forms on Thursday 13th September at 6.00pm. This will be followed by a Drinks Party for our Kindergarten parents.
- On Tuesday 16th October at 6.00pm there will be a Senior Schools Information Evening for parents with girls in Form 4.
- The Form Reps are organising a Fashion Show on Wednesday 3rd October and a Christmas Fair on Wednesday 7th November – details to follow nearer the time.
Sadly this will be Jane Doxford’s final week as Heads’ PA. Jane has been a huge support to me over the last two years and she shall be sorely missed. Francesca Morgan will be taking over this role from 9th July and in the interim period I would ask that you either contact me directly or speak to Tyrone Milton, the School Secretary.
May I take this opportunity to thank you for your support this year and to wish you and your families a very enjoyable Summer break.
With best wishes